If you are looking to indulge in exercises that are of low impact then you just can depend on walking or a stationary bike. There is no doubt that both these exercises can help you achieve a fit body. The good thing is that these exercises are easy to perform and can be done at home. You do these exercises at your own pace and in your own time.
So, when it comes to debating over Stationary Bike Vs Walking, here are some interesting facts that you need to take into consideration.
Table of Contents
Stationary Bike Vs Walking: Factors That Need To Be Taken Into Consideration
Walking and stationary biking are exercises that produce fabulous results when done properly. However, here is a list of factors that need to be taken into consideration, in order to make a wise selection. Sometimes when we do the gym with an Elliptical Machine. The meter can be damaged or broken then the result is not gonna be able to count your burned calories but no worries back to home just check it with this calculator. Click here
Exercising in a safe manner is something that should always be given importance. Not only do you need to stay hydrated but you need to do proper warms for your body and perform a few stretches before you start cycling.
When it comes to walking you should start out with slow pace walking before you decide to pick up the pace. If you are walking in a public place then you must wear clothes that are reflective, especially if you are going at night.
The difference in both the exercises can be understood by calculating the amount of calories that you burn. It is notices that a person weighing about 155 pounds is likely to burn 596 calories within 60 minutes.
A recent study also revealed that a person indulging in walking will only burn about 298 calories. If you lead a hectic lifestyle then you may see significant difference. When you indulge in stationary biking you will end up burning more calories.
Studying The Impact
The good thing is that both these exercises have very low impact on your body. Stationary biking helps you to develop strong back muscles and does not put any stress on your hips, knees, and spine. Slow walking on the other hand has very low impact on the body. If you decide to increase your pace you may feel some impact on the knees
Weight Loss Short- Term And Long- Term
If you want to lose weight fast then a bout of intense stationary cycling is the best thing for you. You can expect to burn about 782 calories in one hour. With moderate walking you can burn only burn 44 calories within an hour. With age stationary cycling exerts pressure on our joints.
Walking is such an exercise that can be performed by anybody for years together. This exercise does not cause any exercise and is inexpensive too. Maintain a stationary cycle is expensive as its parts might need replacing over time.
Benefits Of Stationary Biking
The stationary bike is a perfect instrument to build good thighs and define your leg muscles. This exercise also helps our body to release a hormone called endorphins, which uplifts your mood instantly. Here are some of the most important benefits of biking.
- If you indulge in stationary cycling on a regular basis you can improve your breathing within a short time. Suddenly you will not feel fatigued every now and then. You can expect your heart to remain in good condition till a very advanced age.
- Helps you to tone and strengthen your leg muscles and also improve your overall posture.
- A stationary bike will help you burn a lot of calories within a very short time. After a couple of weeks you will notice visible results. Your muscles will also feel firmer and toned.
- Expect your endurance level to go up a couple of notches. You will then find it easier to perform other exercises too.
- Most stationary bikes come with advanced features which allow the users to adjust the level of resistance on the bike.
- Stationary bikes are known to reduce the level of sugar in the blood thus preventing chances of type 2 diabetes. By exercising on this bike you can get your body to produce natural insulin. This exercise also reduces internal stress within the body.
- Helps to release endorphins in the body that make you feel uplifted from within.
- Trainers recommend people to eliminate pain caused by a sprained ankle. In general the stationary bike is very gentle on your joints and muscles. They do not have any uncomfortable impact.
- A stationary bike does not take up too much space, so you can have one in your house.
- Doctors have researched and proved that exercising on this bike has long term health benefits.
Benefits Of Walking
There are countless benefits of taking a walk and here are some of the most important benefits.
- The exercise is very simple; this is one aerobic exercise that can be performed without any equipment, which means you do not have to make a huge investment. This can be performed by people of all age groups.
- There is no denying that walking makes sure that blood is evenly circulated within the body. This eliminates the chances of you getting any diseases related to the heart. People who walk on a daily basis have shown lower levels of cholesterol in the body.
- Walking also has a positive impact on our mental health by keeping nerves relaxed at all times. This exercise is considered very healthy much opposed to pursuing a sedentary lifestyle.
So when it comes to deciding based on Stationary Bike Vs Walking, you can incorporate both in your routine. All of us are built differently so you have to find out which one if not both work the best for you. Walking is much easier to perform and the level of impact is also very less. You can perform this anywhere.
However, people who want a complete body workout and want to define the muscles on their legs will go for stationary bike. At the end of the day people will choose based on their personal preferences and requirements. Don’t forget to visit LISS Cardio