Do you like cycling? Are you thinking of joining a spin class? With the lack of space and safety standards in today’s world, more and more people are opting for stationary bikes. Otherwise, who would miss out on a peaceful bike ride by the lake? Ahem, such are the misfortunes of a city life! What can we say?
The next question that arises from these predicaments is what you should choose. The bigger query is which one should you opt for – spin bike vs exercise bike. This is a burning problem that haunts most gym goers.
So, we thought of simplifying this forever, by writing this post. If this sounds interesting to you, then do read this post till the end.
Spin Bike Vs Exercise Bike – The Difference
LISS Cardio will discuss a little about both types, as we know this will make it easy for you to weed out a few things.
The Spin Bike
The spin bike was designed, sometime in the 1980s and ever since then, it has remained to be one of the most sought after option in a gym. The truth is spin bikes can be worked with different positions, which renders them as super fat busters.
You can stand and work out on a spin bike, unlike a regular exercise bike. This means your whole body is sweating it out, while you are at it. There are some more things that you can rely on, like:
- Spin bikes make use of state of the art technology that make them extraordinary
- This means extra power to your workout routine
- Plus, you get consoles that tell you a lot about your regimen
- These bikes are heavier and more stable
- This means these bikes are most definitely safe to workout on
- They can bear a lot of weight
- This means they are perfect for strength training and boosting your stamina
- They come with heavy flywheel technology and this certainly means burning more
In short, what we can say is that spin bikes share a lot with real outdoor bikes. This is probably one reason that makes them so popular. People that had a taste of real biking must know what it feels like.
The main purpose of any bike is to mimic the action that you would get, if biking outdoors. This simulation requires a bit of resistance and adjustment. Now upright exercise bikes have larger seating with extra padding. That makes you comfortable while exercising. Of course, you will find:
- Flywheel machinery in these bikes too
- The consoles tell you all, right from your heart rate, speed to distance you may have covered
- The handlebars are higher, so that you can exercise securely
- The handlebars offer you support and make it easy for you to workout
- These bikes are available in both forms, manual or electronic
- People that have sustained injury or those that want to take time while working out usually prefer these bikes
- If anything, these bikes are super safe and you don’t have to worry about them
In a nutshell, all we can say about exercise bikes is that if you like to get into something simple, then these could be your go to buddies. Yes, you can trust them, as they don’t bite!
Exercise Bike vs Spin Bike – In Reality
If you still want to know more about the differences, then we have dedicated this section to that dilemma. Yes, we know it could be quite harrowing not to understand which one to go for. Here is your solution to all that and more:
- Spin bikes have lower handlebars, like in real bikes
- These handles make your body lean a bit more forward that helps in burning fat
- Spin bikes have heavier flywheels
- This makes a lot of difference, as the intensity changes and so does the fat burning ability
- If you consider resistance, then spin bikes make use magnetic resistance in general with flywheel equipment
- This advancement can increase as decrease resistance of the flywheel, whenever you want
- Upright exercise bikes, on the other hand make use of manual or at times electronic resistance
- This suggests that upright exercise bikes use controlled resistance
- To be honest, upright bikes are for beginners
- Yes, exercise bikes may also be difficult for people with backaches
- Nonetheless, upright exercise bikes are simple to use
- If you think of comfort while exercising is a must, then you can choose an upright exercise bike
- Again, if you want an intense exercising system in place, then going for the spin bike could be the right thing to do
- If you want to push your limits, then you certainly can do with a spin bike
- Remember, you can stand and pedal, just like in real bikes with a spin bike
If these variations make a big modification in your life, then you must give these pointers a serious thought. You are good to go with any choice you make. You may find people often favoring spin bikes. This is because of the faster fat burning capacity that they are ordained with.
However, we suggest that you take time and take that call. There is no need to hurry, as we want you to be safe. Otherwise, you are good. Yes, trust us, forwe know you will do the right thing for yourself.
Look, we are not saying that you will lose those extra pounds right away. The fact is; you need to strike the right chord between diet, exercise and rest to achieve something more from your regime. Once you do so, you will know which one suits you the best.
The point is, if spin bike vs exercise bike still remains to be a quandary, you better find out which one works well for you. Try them out separately and see what difference it makes to you. Yes, it is that simple, as you know yourself more than others!
So, go challenge yourself while burning fat. Why not take a plunge and then find out what makes you feel better? Yes, that is a good way of doing things. Isn’t it? What say?