The immune system relies heavily on the lymphatic system. Aside from protecting the body against infection, it also helps maintain a healthy balance of fluids inside the cells and surrounding the body. Although the lymphatic system does not reside in any one place in the body, tiny lymph nodes link it to a network of lymphatic tubes. Toxic and hazardous compounds are filtered out by these microscopic organs found in the neck, armpits, and groin. There are also immune system-supporting cells in them.
What is lymphatic drainage massage therapy?
Lymphatic drainage massage therapy is a manipulation method, not a massage. Lymphatic massage uses mild stretching, cupping, and compression to circulate lymphatic fluid through the body. It requires a trained expert and has therapeutic benefits.
The massage method incorporates two clear processes:
Clearing generates a tiny vacuum in the lymph node, preparing it for re-absorption. Non-invasive lymphatic drainage therapy is painless and the technique takes 20 minutes. Unless your neck and head lymph nodes are blocked, you lay down for this therapy. Skilled practitioners use mild, soft pressure and deliberate, rhythmic motions. Lymphatic drainage massage therapy isn’t recommended if you have inflammation, cancer in the blocked region, a heart disease, or a blood clot.
According to the latest Medical Research Forecast report, no invasive therapies sector is growing at a high CAGR rate. Also, while doing research on the main metro areas, we have taken the report of Lymphatic Drainage Therapy in Denver Downtown and we have found the most growing brand in the region named “BodyluxContour” which has grown the sector of non-invasive treatments with LPG Alliance technology. They are able to treat cellulite, weight loss treatments, full body contouring, post pregnancy care massage, and even the skin care.
How to Massage the Lymphatic System Effectively?
Expertise lymphatic drainage massage centers is a process in which a doctor or other medical practitioner may safely drain lymphatic fluid. As long as you’re comfortable, most of these exercises may be done standing, sitting, or laying down. You can get this lymphatic massage with all new Endermologie treatment also. Just taking few sessions with the expert and you will see the improvement by yourself.
You can choose your nearby experts but before starting the lymphatic therapy or receiving a lymphatic massage, keep the following suggestions in mind:
- Make sure your hands aren’t tense at all. We recommend to clean your hands before taking session of any lymphatic therapy or massage. Also tell your therapist to wash his/her hands before starting it.
- You should avoid massaging swollen or sick parts of your body. It can cause pain because of weak muscle or broken joint.
- Hands alone; nobody’s lotions or other treatments should be used. There are various service providers who gives massage without hand by using LPG high-tech devices, you can use these as well without any worry.
- After each massage, drink plenty of water to help flush out the toxins. This can also feel you better while having sessions.
- Massage should be avoided in parts of the body where cancer therapy occurs. This can cause your existing therapy feel disturbed. Always take advice of your cancer therapist before taking lymphatic massage.
- The recipient should feel no discomfort or reddening of the skin during the massage. In case you feel any itching or pain (which is very rare) immediately consult to the expert or you can tell the therapist about it. Do not just suffer.
- To ensure that the massage simply affects the skin, employ light pressure that isn’t so intense that you can feel the muscles working.
The Benefits of Lymph Drainage Therapy
- Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT), often called Manual Lymph Massage, stimulates lymphatic movement. Relaxing LDT is done in a massage room. Lymph drainage treatment calms the parasympathetic nervous system so that you may fall asleep. LDT helps the body and mind recuperate after surgery.
- After non-surgical and surgical body sculpting operations, lymph drainage therapy is commonly indicated to expedite recovery and improve outcomes. Manual lymph massage is typically recommended for CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, and lift patients.
- Deficiencies in the lymphatic system may have a negative impact on our general health since it is closely related to our immune system. In today’s world, lymph node manipulation is viewed as a means to improve skincare and overall health.
- The lymph system may be affected by a person’s sedentary lifestyle. To activate, it needs movement and activity like blood vessels. Many patients report that LDT reduces their discomfort. As blood flow rises and edema decreases, pain is alleviated. In addition to relieving pain, LDT’s gentle touch causes a relaxation reaction in the body and calms the mind.
- Manual lymphatic system massage has been shown to be beneficial in treating fibromyalgia and in the rehabilitation process after a sports injury, although more research is needed in this area. Infection, drugs, and trauma may cause this part of the body to become blocked.
- As a consequence of cancer treatment, lymphoedema may arise. Therapy has been demonstrated to help alleviate this. There are a variety of diseases for which massage treatment may give help, from rheumatoid arthritis and chronic tiredness to post-surgical recovery, edema, and digestive problems.
- The lymph nodes may become swollen due to bacterial and viral infections in people with certain diseases. Patients taking chemotherapy or radiation for cancer are at a higher risk of developing lymph node problems.
A doctor may suggest a lymphatic drainage massage as part of a patient’s therapy. Anyone with lymphedema may want to bring this up with their doctor. Lymphatic massage should not be used without first visiting a doctor. If you have cellulitis or cardiac disease, you may not be able to benefit from this form of massage.