Why should you exercise daily?
A man without exercise is like a body without soul. The positive effects of exercise for the human body are hard to bypass. Daily exercise can help you to boost your health and also help to minimize the chance of contracting many chronic diseases.
See also: What is LISS Cardio?
The main component of a healthy lifestyle is exercising regularly. Reality had proven that people who exercise regularly are more active and have a healthy and longer life-span
Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits of exercising regularly as below.
15 Benefits of regular exercise
- Improves stamina – Exercise helps to improve our stamina by making our body efficient. Exercise keeps us fit and eventually we take less time to perform the task, which earlier used to take longer!
- Prevents the risk of diseases – Regular exercise saves us from various diseases such as diabetes, cancer, stroke, arthritis and the risk of contracting cardiovascular diseases is also reduced significantly. People who exercise regularly have a lower risk of contracting cancer of the bowel, breast, lung, womb and prostate. Your lungs become stronger when you exercise daily. It also reduces the risk of getting colon cancer.
- Prevents excess weight gain – Obesity can be the cause of various diseases. If you exercise regularly, you can prevent yourself from gaining extra weight and avoid many diseases. Burn those extra calories by exercising regularly.
- Strengthens & tones the body – Exercise helps to develop your muscles, ligaments and bones. It increases your endurance and helps to improve your posture. It is a great way to tone the muscles. Improved flexibility and muscle tone reduces the risk of back pain.
- Improves mood – Exercise helps to flush out the toxins from the body. This in turn helps to lift your mood and make you feel relaxed and happier. Moderate depression can be easily reduced by exercising regularly. It is great way to enhance your psychological fitness.
- Lowers cholesterol – It helps to maintain low blood cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy.
- Makes bones stronger– It helps to make the bones, joints and muscles stronger. The risk of contracting osteoporosis (decreased bone strength) is also reduced. Inactivity can make the bones dormant and cause difficulty in movement. It is good to keep moving around.
- Improves looks – It helps to improve your appearance and also increases one’s self-confidence. A well-tones body also looks attractive to other people and signifies an impressive personality plus you can wear all your favorite body-hugging clothes. It increases your self-esteem and helps to give the much required Vitamin D to the bones.
- Improves skin – Exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and nutrients reach all parts of your body. It helps to detoxify the skin and facilitates the production of natural collagen in the body. Collagen is the connective tissue which gives the skin a plump look. Exercise improves your skin and makes it glow. It also gives you a better complexion.
- Boosts immune system – Regular exercise helps to boost your immune system and you find yourself less vulnerable to common cold, fever, flu and many other viral infections.
- Reduces Stress – Muscle tension gets reduced and you feel very relaxed. Exercising regularly can help to reduce the production of the stress hormone in the body and also help to lower the blood pressure and heart rate.
- Improves brainpower – With an increased blood flow to the brain, you have more blood with nutrients travelling to the brain, and so your brain is able to think better and quicker. It enhances the learning and memory power. It brings out your best creative ability since you think better with a clear head.
- Improves sleep – Exercise helps to improve the quality of our sleep, helps to increase the appetite and also reduces constipation. The secret to a deep sleep lies in regular exercise.
- Reduces Anxiety – Exercise is a great way to alleviate anxiety disorders and also decreases anxiety sensitivity.
- Helps to Control Addiction – Exercise can help people to get rid of addictive substances like alcohol, drugs and some foods.
Exercise helps to build our strength, increases resistance to diseases, makes the body flexible and helps to maintain a balance. Exercise is a great way to de-stress and rejuvenate yourself. In a crux, it is the key to a healthy body and a sharp mind.
Start your own daily exercise regime today and enjoy the incredible benefits that come with it! And make sure you drink lots of water before you start your workout. This will help to keep you hydrated and make up for the water you’re going to lose due to sweating.