Investing on good health is what majority of people are going for. With the ever rising number of deaths resulting from weight related illnesses and lifestyle diseases, it gets easy to understand why so many people are too willing to hit the gym and jog around parks. Still, unless you have been living under a rock, it is most probable that you have noticed the increase in gym fees over the time. This comes at a time when the world financial state is at its worst making it even harder for you to comfortably shoulder your gym fees without messing up your budget. It is because of this that more and more people are opting to take the gyms in to their homes and ditch the high gym fees all together, after all, exercise is still exercise even when done at home, right? In the following read, get to know what the indoor exercise is all about, the various exercises that can be performed with it and most importantly how to choose the best indoor exercise bike.
An indoor exercise bike, otherwise known as a stationary bike, otherwise known as a stationary bike, is best used as supplements for weight lifting and body building programs among other workouts-P90X Workout Schedule. Most suited for the person who is looking to engage in low-impact aerobics at the comfort of their home, these exercise bikes are fast becoming a household item. All in all, the fact that you can carry out a number of exercises using these indoor exercise bikes further propels their popularity. Below are some of the exercises that can be performed by using an indoor exercise bike.
Types of Indoor Bike Exercises
One legged Pedaling – The one-legged pedal is an exercise that works to build core strength and muscles. By relaxing one leg and using the other to pedal, you get to ensure that both your legs exercise equally. For effective results, one should ensure they use good pedaling techniques such as pushing down the pedal, pulling up and finally pushing forward with the same leg.
Sprints – As a form of interval training, sprints can be performed on an indoor exercise bike. By setting your indoor exercise bike to 30 seconds of sprinting and 30 seconds of slow paced pedaling, you are able to build resistance all the while performing effective aerobics.
Hills – Indoor exercise bikes come with resistance knobs which work to control how fast or slow the wheels spin. With the resistance knobs, you are able to pedal your bike as if you are climbing a hill or reduce the resistance and mimic going downhill. In this case again, you can set the bike to increase resistance in 20 or 40 seconds in the same way a hill gets steeper as you climb it.
Jumps – You can perform jumps on your indoor exercise bike by rising to a standing position the counting up to five then resuming your sitting position. You can repeat this same procedure through out the exercise to build up on strength and break the monotony of pedaling.
How to choose the best Indoor exercise bike
When choosing an indoor exercise bike, you need to out in mind the fact that there are generally two types of exercise bikes; recumbent and upright indoor exercise bikes.
The recumbent indoor exercise bike positions the user in a reclined position such that he/she has their leg in front while pedaling. This particular type of exercise bike is most preferred by those with neck and lower back problems. The wide seat and often ergonomic seat pad ensures that the user does not strain their back or neck while carrying out their exercise.
On the other hand, the upright indoor exercise bike can be used by almost everyone. Much similar to the regular bike, an upright exercise bike puts the user in an upright position allowing him/her to carry on with exercise right from their comfort of their home. These bikes come in various models enabling you to make a pick which suits your needs best.
All in all, whether you are picking a recumbent bike or an upright one, you will need the following tips to pick the best indoor bike;
- Always check out the features of an indoor bike before you decide on purchasing it. Sure, it might look like the best out there but what features make it perfect for your use. By going through different reviews, you will be able to see the listed features of different indoor bikes and be able to know what you need.
- Remember to keep your home space in mind. You do not want an indoor bike that will take too much space and end up inhibiting movement around the house. Instead go for a model the fits the available space appropriately.
- Keep an open eye for high quality and state of the art feedback mechanisms on your indoor exercise bike. As you exercise on your own, you obviously need to keep track of your progress and know how much calories you are burning. For this matter, there is need to invest on an indoor bike with efficient feedback mechanisms that will keep you updated on your progress.
- The resistance of an indoor bike determines a lot. You want an indoor exercise bike with enough resistance to build on your strength.
- User friendly indoor bikes are perhaps your best shot at getting both fit and enjoying at the same time. It is much preferable to go for bikes that are easy to use to avoid cases where you end up underutilizing your bike simply because you had no idea what the shiny button the handle does.
- Buying your indoor exercise bike online stands to be the easiest and sometimes more affordable way of purchasing your bike. Given that the internet offers such a wide scope for your search you are always assured of finding an indoor bike that seems tailor made for you needs not forgetting the hundreds of reviews that you can use to your benefit.
At the end of it all, it seems that spending some few bucks on an indoor exercise bike might be your best shot at keeping fit and saving on costs. It’s time you stopped dealing with unpleasant weather and high gym fees, the indoor exercise bike has it all for you.
Leave a Reply